All our material is hand-crafted from years of professional photography for top brands, magazines and galleries – and as far away as possible from the monthly magazine ‘tip’. We don’t ever tell you the ‘5 best ways of …’ doing something; instead we find your way – our small groups allows us to teach each of you independently, at your own pace.
Whether you are an absolute beginner or seasoned shooter, we use a mix of visual examples, 1-to-1 teaching and mentoring, and regular, detailed reviews, to push your work to levels you never thought you could reach.
From 2017, each trip we offer has completely different material – across all skill levels – so if you’re coming with us again, it’s all new. If you’re just starting out, we’ll get you fully to speed, manually using your camera quickly with confidence, and then some. We spend only a fraction of the holiday on the technical (actually its pretty simple when you know how), the rest learning the art of taking great photographs. It’s the most interesting bit, after all.
On your Creative Escape to Cuba, you’ll
- Meet with Roberto Salas, Castro’s personal photographer, at his house
- Capture incredible street images of Habana Vieja; faded murals, crumbling buildings and of course those decrepit 50’s Buicks
- Shoot professional cigar rollers, in an exclusive location frequented by celebs
- Create timeless black-and-white portraits of tobacco farmers in Vinales
- Craft panoramics of the stunning mogotes – limestone cliffs in lush plantations
- Exclusive access to photograph the Cuban Royal Ballet in their classrooms*
- Practice interior photography in one of Havana’s finest mansions
- Try out sports photography in a famed outdoor boxing gym
- Snap the hotel where Al Capone used to meet all the mafiosi
- Try out documentary photography on a rickety old train deep into the Cuban countryside
- Create images right out of the pages of travel magazines, in our dusk shoot in ancient Trinidad