All our material is hand-crafted from years of professional photography for top brands, magazines and galleries – and as far away as possible from the monthly magazine ‘tip’. We don’t ever tell you the ‘5 best ways of …’ doing something; instead we find your way – our small groups allows us to teach each of you independently, at your own pace.
Whether you are an absolute beginner or seasoned shooter, we use a mix of visual examples, 1-to-1 teaching and mentoring, and regular, detailed reviews, to push your work to levels you never thought you could reach.
From 2017, each trip we offer has completely different material – across all skill levels – so if you’re coming with us again, it’s all new. If you’re just starting out, we’ll get you fully to speed, manually using your camera quickly with confidence, and then some. We spend only a fraction of the holiday on the technical (actually its pretty simple when you know how), the rest learning the art of taking great photographs. It’s the most interesting bit, after all.
On your Creative Escape to Sri Lanka, you’ll
- Shoot cats, elephants, crocs, wild boar and over 130 species of birds from the back of your private 4×4 safari jeep
- Photograph pickers of the world’s most expensive tea, Ceylon Virgin White
- Create timeless images of stilt fishermen, whose traditions span centuries
- Craft incredible landscapes from one of the planet’s finest train journeys
- Learn the art of interior photography; 2km of murals in UNESCO-listed Dambulla
- Try out dusky atmospheric shots of Sri Lanka’s most important buddhist shrine
- Roam Galle photographing ‘street’ documentary in this gorgeous listed colonial town