All our material is hand-crafted from years of professional photography for top brands, magazines and galleries – and as far away as possible from the monthly magazine ‘tip’. We don’t ever tell you the ‘5 best ways of …’ doing something; instead we find your way – our small groups allows us to teach each of you independently, at your own pace.
Whether you are an absolute beginner or seasoned shooter, we use a mix of visual examples, 1-to-1 teaching and mentoring, and regular, detailed reviews, to push your work to levels you never thought you could reach.
From 2017, each trip we offer has completely different material – across all skill levels – so if you’re coming with us again, it’s all new. If you’re just starting out, we’ll get you fully to speed, manually using your camera quickly with confidence, and then some. We spend only a fraction of the holiday on the technical (actually its pretty simple when you know how), the rest learning the art of taking great photographs. It’s the most interesting bit, after all.
On your Creative Escape to California, you’ll
- Learn the art of the ‘opening shot’ deep inside Joshua Tree National Park
- Shoot the 50’s architectural splendour of downtown Palm Springs
- Create mysterious documentary images in Salton Sea, an abandoned town
- Refine your composition skills on a Western movie set, Pioneer Town
- Bag some famous travel vistas along Route 66, and Roys Cafe
- Shoot the salt flats, moonscapes and moonlit dunes in the lowest point of the USA at Death Valley
- Set-up your spot in myriad locations made famous by Ansel Adams